View All Local News
Talmage Man on Sex Offender Registry Charged in New Offense
A 43-year-old Talmage man who is on the Nebraska Sex Offender Registry is a suspect in a new charge. The Otoe County Sheriff's Office arrested Timothy Gerking on Thursday for suspicion of sexual assault of a child. Mike Holland, chief Otoe County deputy, said Gerking is suspected of fondling a child under the age of 14. He said an investigation was started based on the child's report. Holland: "It's very courageous for a young child like this to come forward and tell an adult when someone is...
- Farmers Take Advantage of Weather for Thursday Burn Permits
- Tom Farrell is the 2014 Arbor Day Honoree
- Rapid Response Teams Extinguish Dunbar Grass Fire
- Auburn School Adopts Summer Lunch Program
- Nebraska City Attorney Partsch Named to Commission of Industrial Relations
- Nebraska City Boy Found Safe After 40-Minute Search
- Midwest Co-op Develops Conceptual Plans for Syracuse Ag Center
- River Managers Say Fierce Thunderstorms Pose Greatest Risk of Flooding
- Vock Wins Rural Reunion Spelling Bee, Ganzel Presents on 1910 School Trip
- Sen. Watermeier Says Veto Override Ensures Arbor Lodge Improvements
- Veto Overrides Benefit Nebraska City's Plan for Local Management of Arbor Lodge
View All National News
Foreign Enrollment at US Grad Schools Picks Up
(WASHINGTON) -- They're coming to America -- to go to graduate school, that is.A new report from the Council of Graduate Schools (CGS) reports that graduate school applications fro....
- Car Plows into Florida Church, Leaving 21 Hurt
- FBI: 16-Year-Old Stows Away on California-Hawaii Flight
- Snowmobilers Escape Uninjured After Moose Encounter in Maine
View All World News
Ferry Crew Members Could Face Accidental Homicide Charges in Sinking
(JEJU ISLAND, South Korea) -- Prosecutors are considering charges of accidental homicide against the captain, third mate and helmsman of last week’s doomed South Korean ferry....
- Syrians to Cast Presidential Ballots June 3
- Results of Afghan Election Still Far from Concluded
- Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Still Coming Up Empty
View All Ag News
RFA Says Corn Stover Study Flawed
A new study published in Nature Climate Change that argues biofuels from corn residue (stover) may be worse for the climate than gasoline is deeply flawed and contradictory to curr....